Time To Update

3 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 2 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- Filament.io 3 Flares ×

Hello everyone.

Been away for quite some time. We had family emergencies that needs attention so I had to set aside blogging and group activities as well. But all is well now, Alhamdulillah.

As some of you may know, my eldest was diagnosed with acute tonsillitis a few weeks ago. We were back and forth from the clinic near by for injecting antibiotics. Oral medicines are not helping anymore. After 3 days, Julia’s ENT Doctor advised us to have a tonsillectomy procedure to avoid any further complications and infections in the future. Of course as a mother, I was nervous as wreck – but my husband is more nervous than me hahaha! We were thinking of holding the procedure till next year, but the insurance company has provided us with hospitals that can cover her operation so the next few days, we went to Jeddah to make appointments.

Last April 2nd, we went to 3 hospitals. The first doctor told us that she still need to take antibiotics (orally) for 5 days and will go back to check on her throat again. Well, it wasn’t easy for us since Jeddah is 1.5hrs away from where we are, but we don’t have any choice. Then we went to the 2nd hospital, but we were informed that our insurance company is not covered under their policy. So blah blah blah… off to search again. The 3rd one was in Al-Zahra Hospital. Doctor Ahmed was so accommodating that we felt at ease with him to do the operation. We even told him that we live in Rabigh and that it’s so hard for us to travel back and forth. So he immediately advised us on what steps to do in order to proceed with the operation.

The next day April 3rd, we went back to the hospital early in the morning. They took some blood test, x-ray and we were told that it’ll be done after 2hrs. We were hesitant to come home, so we spent the whole afternoon along Jeddah corniche. We took a nap under a shaded area while the kids play on a near playground.

After 3 hours of waiting, we went back to the hospital and  checked on the results. The doctor studied it and said that he was thinking of doing the operation that night. Alhamdulillah. We were so thankful because it will take us a very great deal of time traveling back again if they will schedule us on Saturday.

So to make the long story short, after 40mins waiting over our hospital room, she came back looking so tired and her IV has too blood spills probably she was fighting back not to be injected or something since she’s so so afraid with injections. But Alhamdulillah all went well.

We got hold of her medical certificate excusing her for 10days of rest. She was under antibiotics for like 15days and now Alhamdulillah Thanks God she’s back to school already. We have to make sure she still eat cold to little warm meals though to avoid infection on her throat.

So there you go. Thank you for everyone who keep us in their thoughts and whispered prayers for a successful operation. We’re thankful that all went well.

Have to bring my blogging mojo back though. I lost it somewhere… have you seen it? ;)

One comment

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge